Get your employees certified with the Recognition of Prior Learning Project
An overview of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Type – 4 project which was initiated by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) to certify the manpower employed in the industry clusters.
About the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Project:
The aim of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) project is to certify the existing manpower in each sector as per the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) which will enable vertical and horizontal career progression for the candidates and encourage new entrants to attain training under NSQF aligned courses which are developed by Sector Skill Councils.
Furniture and Fittings Skill Council (FFSC) has initiated the RPL Type – 4 projects by engaging the large employer like Hettich, HePo, GreenPly, UrbanClap, Narsi & Associates etc. to orient and certify their manpower under direct employment as well as those involved in indirect employment. We would like to invite more industry players and clusters to participate in this project by highlighting the benefits to the employers and the workforce.
Concept of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
There is an urgent need for skill training across the country, the absence of sufficient training avenues prevents people from acquiring skill training and certification through the formal channels. As a result, most of the skill acquisition takes place through informal channels such as family occupation, on-the-job training under master craftsman, etc. These skills go unrecognized as they are not acquired through formal means and are never formally recognized.
This prevents some section of skilled workforce from accessing formal employment opportunities, utilizing their experience to further taking up educational course and benefitting from other career progression opportunities available through formal training system. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a certification framework- which will assess those who have acquired skills informally and then recognize them with a formal certification. The certification will not only allow us to recognize their skills but also help them access future opportunities in the formal ecosystem.
Benefits of RPL Type – 4:
The aim of the project is to certify the existing manpower in each sector as per the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) which will enable vertical and horizontal career progression for the candidates and encourage new entrants to attain training under NSQF aligned courses which are developed by Sector Skill Councils.
Benefits to the employer/industry
- Improve employee motivation and their interest in workplace activities.
- Facilitate access to jobs and progression in career pathways.
- Promote a culture of continuous learning in the organization.
- Focused training program depending on the need of an employee (identification of skill gap) and avoid duplication of training programs. Hence saving time which could be effectively utilized towards growth and innovation.
- Provide employee recognition in terms of NSQF grading and pay/salary.
- Employer’s logo along with Government of India and SSC logo on the certificate.
Benefits to the employee
- Academic pathways for continuous learning through certification process defined under National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) (Level 1 to 10).
- Help employee identify his/her skill gap and provide opportunity to upgrade his/her skills for personal and professional growth in future.
- Employee receives a co-branded certificate from Government of India, Sector Skill Council and the Employer.
- RPL can be used to support employee growth and development, especially those who lack confidence and /or are reluctant to engage in formal learning.
FFSC has so far certified more than 4,000 employees across the country who are employed under the top industry players like Hettich India, HePo, GreenPly Industries, Narsi Group, AIPL – ABRO etc.
Financial Benefits to the employee:
- Accidental Insurance of up to Rs. 2 lakhs for all certified candidates for a period of 3 years as per PMKVY guidelines
- Reward money of INR 500 to the certified candidates through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
Process Flow of RPL Type – 4:
FFSC has so far certified more than 4,000 employees across the country who are employed under the top industry players like Hettich India, HePo, GreenPly Industries, Narsi Group, AIPL – ABRO etc. The council is aiming to scale up the project by involving Industry clusters, associations, consortiums etc. who are willing to partner with FFSC to initiate the certification of the candidates.
To participate in the RPL Projects please reach out to
Mr. Shrikanth Sasi,
Manager – Taskforce, FFSC.
Tel: 0124 – 44513900
Manager – Taskforce,
Furniture and Fittings
Skill Council (FFSC)